Bourbon Chicken Chinese Takeaway Style. Bourbon chicken is both spicy and tasty! This Chinese main course recipe is very easy to make and can be enjoyed with boiled rice or noodles. Bourbon Chicken and Southern US and Chinese cuisine come together in our recipe, which combines good bourbon whiskey with Asian soy sauce.
Making this Crispy Bourbon Chicken actually makes me feel like a teenager. A teenager who was a rebel and once actually took Chinese food into the movie. I was in the Philadelphia airport on Thursday and fate handed me a gift: a guy passing out samples of a Chinese delicacy: Bourbon Chicken. You effect sizzling imbue Bourbon Chicken Chinese Takeaway Style adopting 14 ingredients than 3 steps. Here you go bring off.
prescription of Bourbon Chicken Chinese Takeaway Style
- It's 2 of chicken breasts or 4 thighs cut into bite sized pieces,.
- You need 1 of double shot of bourbon, (50 ml),.
- You need 2 of spring onions, chopped (use green sections to garnish),.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of soft dark brown sugar,.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilli flakes, or to taste,.
- You need 2 tsp of ginger paste, or grated ginger,.
- It's 2 of garlic cloves, crushed,.
- You need 2 tbsp of rice wine vinegar,.
- It's 2 tbsp of ketchup,.
- It's 1.5 tbsp of light soy sauce,.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cornflour, diluted into around 200ml cold water,.
- You need of Cooking oil for frying.
- You need of Serving suggestions:.
- You need of Steamed white rice or noodles to serve.
She ignored me, the young impetuous upstart, as she piled my two item combo with fried rice onto the plate. The tastes carried me away, far from the B terminal, to. Grilled Bourbon Chicken breasts are marinaded with soy sauce, Bourbon, brown sugar, ginger and spices then grilled until slightly caramelized on the The inspiration came from the popular mall dish, Bourbon Chicken, a dish I used to get as a teenager at my local mall's Cajun-themed Chinese. This takeaway style Chinese recipe is quick to make and tastes so much better than takeout!
Bourbon Chicken Chinese Takeaway Style prescription
- Heat up a wok over a high heat and add in the cooking oil. Premix the sauce by combining together the vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup, chilli flakes, bourbon and sugar..
- Add the chicken to the wok and stir fry for two minutes. Add in the ginger and garlic plus the whites of the spring onion. Fry for a further 2-3 minutes, moving the ingredients around the wok..
- Pour in the pre mixed sauce and coat the chicken by tossing it around the wok. Bring to a simmer. Simmer until the chicken is cooked through. Add in the water/cornstarch solution. Simmer and reduce down until the sauce thickens up nicely and is a glossy brown. Plate up, serve with your choice of side and garnish with the greens of the spring onion and enjoy. :).
Paired with steamed rice it is a healthy Chinese weeknight meal, or add some fried rice for the takeaway experience. Plus I'll show you how to get the soft tender chicken just like your favorite takeaway. Although Bourbon chicken is thought to come from Bourbon street in Louisiana this recipe has its roots in Kentucky. Its Chinese American, basically the traditionall stir fry chicken with a southern burbon and pepper sauce. The chinese have been very succesful in combining their traditional.