Italian Mamma's Lasagna. My mama's famous lasagna recipe is hands down the best lasagna I have ever had in my life. She learnt her ways from her Italian friends when she lived in New York City, adjusting the recipe through the years to perfect it…and every single person that tries her recipe comes back for seconds, thirds and leftovers for the next day! Great recipe for Italian Mamma's Lasagna.
The Most Amazing Lasagna Recipe is the best recipe for homemade Italian-style lasagna. The balance between layers of cheese, noodles, and homemade bolognese sauce is perfection! Top with mozzarella and grated cheese. You succeed stewing reduce Italian Mamma's Lasagna proving 15 process as a consequence 30 together with. Here is how you realize.
receipt of Italian Mamma's Lasagna
- You need 1/2 of Finely chopped onions.
- Prepare 1 of Vegetable oil.
- You need 400 grams of Ground beef.
- You need 200 ml of Tomato purée.
- It's 1 of cube Soup stock cubes.
- It's 1 of Red wine.
- You need 50 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 80 grams of Flour (cake flour).
- You need 550 ml of Milk.
- You need 1/3 tsp of Salt (for the Béchamel sauce).
- Prepare 1 of Nutmeg powder (for the Béchamel sauce).
- You need 1 of pack Raw lasagna noodles (made from eggs).
- It's 1 of Salt (for boiling the pasta).
- It's 1 packages of Cheese for melting (slice type).
- Prepare 1 of Grated cheese.
My family first tasted this rich, homemade lasagna recipe at a friend's home on Christmas Eve. We were so impressed that it became our own holiday tradition as well. I also prepare it other times of the year. This classic lasagna recipe is requested often by my sister's Italian in-laws—I consider that the highest compliment! —Lorri Foockle, Granville, Illinois A note on the origins of Italian lasagna and the use of dried pasta.
Italian Mamma's Lasagna instructions
- Prepare to make the ragù sauce. Chop the onion and sauté with oil in a pot. Then, add the ground beef and cook until well done..
- Continue cooking until most of the liquid has evaporated..
- Add red wine to taste. If the surface looks dry while simmering, add a little water..
- Add the tomato purée and simmer for about an hour and a half. Last, dissolve the soup stock cube in the sauce and continue simmering until evenly blended..
- Then, let the sauce sit overnight..
- Don't let the ragù sauce get watery. (If you do, the lasagna will become sticky.).
- On the second day, boil some water to parboil the lasagna. Put the salt in the water at about the same time you boil the pasta..
- Like in the picture, when the water begins to boil, use the oven pan to parboil the pasta..
- Don't put the pasta in the pot, put it in the oven pan and pour the boiling water on top..
- Let sit for 3-4 minutes, then drain well..
- Begin heating the oven to 200°F Celsius..
- While the pasta is being prepared, make the Béchamel sauce. It's like white sauce..
- In a separate pot, melt some butter. Be careful not to let it burn..
- Add all the flour. Mix well at low heat, adjusting the temperature as needed..
- Switch to using a whisk, add the milk, and mix well. Keep stirring so that lumps do not form. This is an important step!.
- Continue stirring over low heat. It will gradually thicken. Keep stirring until the sauce has thoroughly thickened. Be careful not to let it burn..
- Last, add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and the nutmeg to season. Please adjust the amount of salt to taste..
- Let's put together the lasagna. Put a small amount of the ragù sauce in the bottom of the pan. Put some butter (not listed in the ingredients) as well. Use a spoon to spread it out..
- Then, add a layer of lasagna noodles without leaving any gaps..
- It should look like this..
- Next, add a layer of Béchamel sauce. Don't make it too thick..
- Spread this out evenly with a knife, also without leaving any gaps..
- Then, add a layer of ragù sauce..
- Use a knife to spread it out..
- Now, use your hands to tear the sliced cheese into pieces and add them in a layer on top of the sauce. One level of cheese should use about 1/2~2 slices of cheese. Please adjust according to your taste..
- Next, sprinkle on some powdered cheese. This completes the first level. Next, make another level of lasagna using the same pattern..
- It will rise when baking, so leave some empty space in the top part of the pan as in the picture..
- Put Béchamel sauce, ragù sauce, sliced cheese, and powdered cheese on the very top layer to finish..
- Bake in an oven at 200°F Celsius for 15-20 minutes to finish..
- If you have a small oven, the top layer may burn. In this case, cover it with aluminum foil..
Lasagna has many versions, both within Italy and around the world, but when we talk about "real" lasagna in Italy we mean "Lasagna alla Bolognese" i.e., from Bologna in the region of Emilia-Romagna. Brown bacon and onion in a large pan over medium heat. For most people there is nothing quite so Italian as a delicious lasagna recipe. Lasagne is a favorite of many of us. The mix of tasty sauce with meat, vegetables, pasta and cheese hits the perfect note.