Stuffed Zucchini. This delicious stuffed zucchini recipe can be served as either a side dish or a main dish. Crispy Stuffed Zucchini are so easy to make! One of THE best ways to enjoy zucchini!
This Sausage Stuffed Zucchini is great to serve as a vegetable side, or even as the main dish for a light summer lunch. Fresh zucchini is stuffed with Italian sausage, fresh tomatoes, Parmesan, garlic. Chop the zucchini flesh and set aside. You can grilling scald Stuffed Zucchini practicing 14 compound including 8 as a consequence. Here you go rack up.
compound of Stuffed Zucchini
- It's 3 2 or 3 of Zucchini - cored and cut into pieces each.
- It's 1 of Onion small - diced fine.
- Prepare 3 of Garlic - minced fine.
- It's 1 of Tomatoes Canned -.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of Ketchup -.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Rice Cooked -.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds -.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Coriander Powder -.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Chilli Powder -.
- Prepare of Cheese Grated.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It's of Pepper.
- You need of Oil.
- It's Optional of Ground lamb beef or -.
Stuffed zucchini is one of the first recipes I made myself. Every year, my family would grow zucchini in the garden and every year, we'd have more than we knew what to do with. The Best Baked Stuffed Zucchini Recipes on Yummly Stuffed Zucchini, Stuffed Round Zucchini, Round Zucchini Stuffed With Ricotta And Basil.
Stuffed Zucchini receipt
- Begin by cutting each zucchini into 2 large pieces horizontally. If the zucchini is large, you could get 3 pieces out of it. With a knife, slowly pull out the flesh from the middle of the zucchini, so you will get an empty zucchini cup. Be careful to not cut through the end of the zucchini cup :). Take the zucchini flesh and keep aside.
- In a sauce pan, bring a can of tomatoes to a boil. Add the ketchup and let it simmer to form a nice tomato sauce. You can always use some ready made tomato sauce and just warm it up.
- In a pan, toss in the cumin seeds in some hot oil. Sauté the finely chopped onion, minced garlic and the zucchini flesh. Add the rice and the coriander and chilli powder. Give it a quick stir, add the required amount of salt and pepper. I leave the grated cheese until we get to stuffing the zucchini because you don't want it to melt just yet!.
- When it comes to stuffing the zucchini, quickly add the grated cheese to the rice mix and stuff the zucchinis. Try not to break them and I felt using my fingers to gently press the rice down the cup helped. Put the zucchinis vertically in the tomato sauce. Put the lid on and let it cook. Make sure the fire is on low because the only thing that needs to cook are the zucchinis.
- If you noticed I added no meat, and it is because I made it vegetarian. Adding meat is just delicious for this recipe, so add it right before you add the rice. You can discard the zucchini flesh if you plan on doing this.
- The zucchinis will get nice and soft and go from a dark shade of green to a lighter green color. This means its done - should take about 20-30mins.
- Slowly take it out of the pan and arrange it on a serving tray. Spoon the tomato sauce over these zucchini and serve hot!.
- To make it more of a complete meal, you can make a salad, some home-made hummus and some pita bread.
Made this for Father's Day per husband's request. Easy Stuffed Zucchini Boats are the perfect way to enjoy your fresh summer zucchini! Tender zucchini filled with a silky meat sauce, topped with cheese and baked until tender. Watch how to make zucchini stuffed with sausage, seasoned ground beef, and a rich tomato sauce. There's no tastier way to use up extra zucchini.