Meatloaf Cupcakes W/ Mashed Potato Frosting. The mashed potato frosting is basically my skinny garlic mashed potatoes made with fresh thyme which really compliments the meatloaf. I highly recommend using double metal liners, they hold up well with the meat, and if you want to re-heat leftovers, you can. After savoring these meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potato "icing," you may never make meatloaf the same way again.
Chopped chives or Italian parsley, garnish. "Frost" or "ice" each meatloaf cupcake with about ¼ cup favorite mashed potatoes. Use decorator's pastry bag with swirl tip if desired to frost cupcakes! Meatloaf Cupcakes: Frosted w mashed potatoes. You act steeping imbue Meatloaf Cupcakes W/ Mashed Potato Frosting accepting 17 instructions also 22 than. Here you are arrive.
ingredients of Meatloaf Cupcakes W/ Mashed Potato Frosting
- Prepare of meatloaf mix:.
- You need 2 lb of lean ground beef or turkey.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It's 3/4 cup of beef broth.
- It's 2 large of eggs.
- It's 2 cup of quick cook oats.
- You need 1/2 cup of fine diced onion.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheese of choice.
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It's of topper:.
- It's 9 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- It's of potato frosting:.
- Prepare 3 lb of bag idaho potatoes.
- It's 4 oz of cream cheese.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheese of choice.
Easy flavorful dish, perfect on a buffet. We make meatloaf & potatoes quite a bit. I always loved meatballs and to make meatball cupcakes with mashed potatoes frosting is something special. In a medium saucepan of salted water, bring the potatoes to a boil.
Meatloaf Cupcakes W/ Mashed Potato Frosting prescription
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl mix together all meatloaf mix ingredients with clean hands until combined well!.
- Prepare 9 jumbo muffin cups with non stick baking spray..
- Fill muffin cups to the rim with meatloaf mix. Pack it down well!.
- Top each one with the topper! 1tbl. Ketchup per meatloaf cupcake..
- Bake in oven for about 45-50 minutes or until internal temp reaches 160°F.
- Meanwhile while that's cooking, peel and boil potatoes as you normally would for mashed potatoes..
- When fork tender drain from water and return to pot..
- Beat in butter and cream cheese until creamy. U don't want lumps for this one..
- Stir in cheese. And set aside to cool for a few moments..
- Prepare a piping bag with your favorite tip or ziplock bag with a small hole cut in corner..
- Fill bag with mashed potatoes. And set aside..
- When meatloaf is done drain any grease and let it rest for 10-15 minutes..
- Pop meatloaf cupcakes out the tin and place onto serving plate...
- Pipe the potatoes as u would normal frosting in any design or manner you choose on top of meatloaf cupcake..
- You will have leftover potatoes. Just serve them with meal..
- Serve your meatloaf cupcakes hot and enjoy!.
- Tips from me to u:.
- I used motz cheese for both meatloaf and potatoes the motz I used was infused with oregano. But u can use any type of cheese you wish. Just use the same cheese in meatloaf and in potatoes so flavors don't clash. :).
- Makes 9 jumbo meatloaf cupcakes. Wich will serve 5-9 people depending on how big of an eater you are..
- They do reheat well! So great for lunch the next day!.
- Feel free to use your favorite meatloaf recipe in place of this one!.
Fill a pastry bag fitted with a star tip (or a resealable plastic bag with a corner cut off) with the mashed potatoes and pipe onto each cupcake. These meatloaf cupcakes have a whipped sweet potato frosting and fresh herb "sprinkles"! Granted, frosted meat cupcakes may not sound like a treat, but this recipe takes plain ol' meat and potatoes and makes them fun and appealing for kids. Frost each meatloaf cupcake with a heaping scoop of mashed potatoes. In a saucepan over medium heat, add the potatoes, water to cover the potatoes, and salt.