Turkish style Spinach and Cheese Borek. Spinach and Feta Cheese Borek (or boerek) is a Middle Eastern dish of Turkish origin. A classic vegetarian Turkish/Middle Eastern dish: Spinach and Feta Cheese Börek made layering phyllo sheets with spinach and feta cheese. This dish can be made ahead and it freezes beautifully.
It is of course seasonal and certainly reminds me of winter and early spring. Borek is a classic dish in Turkey, it is served as a snack or meal and comes in all shapes and forms. A Turkish staple, spinach and feta borek are delicious savory pastries layered with buttery phyllo, salty feta and fresh spinach that no one can resist. You act toasting doctor Turkish style Spinach and Cheese Borek adopting 9 modus operandi along with 9 so. Here is how you make it.
program of Turkish style Spinach and Cheese Borek
- It's 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 500 grams of spinach.
- You need 200 mls of milk (semi skimmed or whole).
- Prepare of 100 grams grated mozarella.
- You need 100 grams of grated cheddar.
- It's 7 of Filo pastry sheets.
- It's of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil.
Spinach and feta borek is one of the more popular boreks around. Boreks aka borekas are Turkish savory pastries with different fillings, such as cheese or spinach and feta or… Turkish Borek Recipe Filo Pastry with Spinach and Cheese Spinach and cheese filled filo pastry triangles; Muska Boregi
Turkish style Spinach and Cheese Borek modus operandi
- Use a wide-base pan to wilt the washed spinach. Add a pinch of salt..
- Crack open 4 eggs into a bowl. Add the milk, pinch of salt and pepper and mix. Place the 2 grated cheese in a separate bowl..
- Add a drizzle of vegetable oil to a large baking tray (ideally a pyrex glass tray) and spread it evenly with a brush, including the sides of the tray to avoid the pastry from sticking. Then place 2 sheets of filo pastry so that it is partially hanging out from the sides of the tray..
- Put enough egg-milk mixture onto the filo pastry to cover it and spread it out evenly..
- Then place wilted spinach evenly, followed by grated cheese.
- Fold the sides of the filo pastry..
- Place 2 new filo sheets on top and repeat the steps 4-6. I usually do 3 layers in total. Save a small amount of the egg-milk mixture for the very top layer..
- When you reach the last layer, fold the sides and then place a single filo sheet on top to cover it. Add small amount of egg-milk mixture on top to wet the sheet. This will protect it from burning..
- Place the tray into a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees for 35-40 minutes until top layer is golden and the pastry has fully cooked top and bottom. Serve in pieces of rectangles..
Crispy baked Turkish Borek (Vegan Spinach Rolls) are quick & easy to prepare and make a great finger food! You can fill them with different fillings, such as spinach and feta or cashew and tomato. They're perfect to serve at a party or just as a simple and delicious snack or side dish for dinner or lunch. Borek is a traditional Turkish pastry made with phyllo dough and usually stuffed with cheese, although there are many other filling variations such as spinach, ground meat, veggies and herbs. Borek could also be prepared in different shapes - layered pie, individual squares, "cigars", or triangles.