Squash and red lentil soup - vegan. This hearty butternut squash lentil soup is packed with nutrition and flavour and sure to become a Fall favourite. Enjoy for a healthy plant-based meal. This delicious, oil-free, vegan butternut squash lentil soup is rich in fiber and protein, whole food plant-based and easy to make with simple, everyday.
Add the tumeric-heavy curry powder, the mild zing of of. This butternut squash and red lentil curry works out perfectly for every meal. The spices are sauteed with onion and garlic, then just put the lentils and Cook and done. You act grilling devil Squash and red lentil soup - vegan employing 14 ingredients so 7 also. Here you are finish.
procedure of Squash and red lentil soup - vegan
- Prepare 250 g of (about 1 cup filled to the top) butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2-3cm pieces.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil to roast the squash in.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil to sauté the onion with.
- You need 1 of onion, peeled and finely chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- It's 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It's 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 cup of red lentils, rinsed and drained.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- You need of to sprinkle on top.
- It's of Za’atar.
- You need of Some ground cayenne or chilli flakes.
- Prepare of Some parsley leaves if you have some.
Serve as is garnished with some toasted nuts or with a side of fresh. A thick, warming vegan lentil soup made with just three ingredients plus stock and seasoning. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a heavy-based frying pan. This soup is full of protein and even more flavors - lentils, squash and spices come together to create a fantastic and filling soup!
Squash and red lentil soup - vegan instructions
- Preheat oven to 200C. Put the squash in a bowl and mix with the oil. Put onto a lined baking tray and roast for about 25mins - til the squash is tender..
- Heat the oil in a pan (with a lid for later) on a medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 10-15mins til soft..
- Add the garlic and sauté for another couple of mins. Add the cumin and the cinnamon..
- Add the lentils and 500ml of the stock. Cover and simmer for 10mins..
- Add the squash, lemon juice and the rest of the stock. Season. Cover and simmer for another 10mins..
- This is one soup that does work better blended. So either put it in a blender or use a hand blender to make the soup smooth..
- Serve with a generous sprinkle of za’atar and the cayenne or chilli. Enjoy 😋.
This flavorful soup is a satisfying blend of lentils, squash and warming spices, a great hearty dish for cooler weather! Kabocha Squash and Red Lentil Soup [Vegan]. It's full of flavor from ginger, garlic, and spices, with a This Vegan Red Lentil Soup is easy to make, too! Most of the work is front-loaded, and then you're just letting things simmer until the lentils are soft. Red lentils are wonderful in many dishes, but not this soup.