Jollof Rice with a twist. Making do with what you have at home? This dish was birthed from 'making do' with the ingredients I had in my University Kitchen. Jollof Rice-One Pot Party Rice from Nigeria with an Indian Twist Jollof Rice is an everyday, as well as a party rice dish from coastal West African.
Some may bring just grilled chicken, fish or I wanted a taste that people in the community I live can identify with so, I decided to give this West African classic another twist by introducing bacon. Jollof rice is a very common dish prepared in many African countries and each recipe differs depending on the nation. I specifically prepare the Nigerian party jollof rice which I still feel is one of the best recipes out there (not being biased, just stating facts LOL). You bring about steeping bake Jollof Rice with a twist using 15 instructions moreover 5 furthermore. Here is how you reach.
ingredients of Jollof Rice with a twist
- You need of White rice.
- It's of Diced onion.
- You need of Red chilies.
- You need of Green chilies.
- You need of Habanero.
- It's of Garlic.
- Prepare of Cumin.
- Prepare of Coriander.
- You need of Mild masala.
- You need of Chicken stock.
- Prepare cube of Chicken.
- It's Can of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare of Tomato paste.
- You need of Traditional masala spice.
- Prepare of Mild curry powder.
Nigerian Jollof Rice or Jellof rice is a rich and incredibly tasty west African one-pot Meal. It is a very versatile dish and it is usually made from. If your lid is not fitting enough, simply cover the rice with a foil paper before covering it with the lid. This is because Jollof needs a lot of steam in order to turn.
Jollof Rice with a twist instructions
- Wash and soak rice for 2-3 hours.
- Fry diced onion,garlic, red chilies *1,green chilies*1,habanero*1.
- Add a can diced tomatoes, stir for 5 minutes the add tomato paste then add traditional Masala spice, mild curry powder, cumin, coriander, mild masala Let it fry for 5 mins.
- Add drained rice, Fill a litre of water mix with chicken stock, Pour it inside make sure it covers the rice Let it boil 10-15 mins.
- Add knorox chicken cube,salt. Let it simmer till rice is cooked.
Jollof rice is found throughout West Africa and is thought to be the origin of the Cajun dish, jambalaya. Serve with fried plantains and a crisp green salad. For the rice, heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onions over a gentle heat until translucent. Stir in the canned tomatoes, red pepper and tomato. Jollof rice is a delicious West African dish composed of fluffy red orange rice that is often cooked with vegetables and meat.